A beautifully light dinner which only takes 20mins to make and contains 2 of your 5 a day.
I tend to go for Tofoo when creating a tofu dish but whatever brand you go for, firm tofu varieties work best for these spicy wraps.
You could even go one step further and get herb-infused tortillas for an extra hit of flavour - I'll probably try that next!
Spicy Tofu Wraps: Recipe
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper
1 pack firm tofu
1 red onion
1 salad tomato
1 tsp nigella seeds
Lemon, juice of
6 tortilla wraps
3 tbsp greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan.
Drain and slice the tofu into chunks. Season with curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne pepper
2. Add to a frying pan over a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and the finely sliced red onion.
Fry until golden brown and slightly crispy.
3. To make the herby yogurt, finely chop the fresh herbs, and stir into the yogurt with a pinch of black pepper and the juice of half a lemon.
4. Warm the tortillas for 3-4 mins until soft and warmed through.
5. Dice the tomato and add to the pan for the last few minutes. Along with the fresh spinach. Once the spinach is wilted the dish is ready to serve.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe for spicy tofu wraps. Let me know if you try it at home!
This delicious recipe for Turkish Eggs with garlicky yogurt might be right up your street!